Sunday, 1 May 2016

Music Theatre Ball

UCLAN'S Music Theatre ball is a chance for all the MT's to get there glad rags and have a boogie at a posh venue some where up north! It was a fabulous night celebrating the end of the academic year and seeing everyone for the very last time before we travel home. I have SO MANY photos but here are a few as well as my ball dress, hair and make-up! P.S This has A LOT of photos in!
2nd Year Music Theatre

Hair and Make-up

I started with doing my hair and I knew that would take the longest as it's so frickin long. I followed a tutorial on YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjE46m0QNPw) which was actually pretty good however, it was one of those one's where she made it look way way WAY easier than it looks! I was still happy with the result though! I curled my hair with my trusty Babyliss curlers and used a Charles Worthington texturising spray to add volume! Lastly a spritzed Treseme hairspray to hold it all in place.

A before and after of hair and make-up
I'm not going to lie I was wearing a lot of make-up and it took a VERY long time, so i'm just going to list the products in this post and then possible do a separate one in detail! (comment if you want it!)
  1. Charlotte Tilbury Wonderglow (primer)
  2. No7 green primer (which is very old but great for cancelling out the red in my cheeks)
  3. Nars Pro prime (eyelids)
  4. Urban Decay Naked 2 palette
  5. The Balm Nudes palette
  6. Revlon liquid eyeliner
  7. Lancome black eye liner
  8. Rimmel white eye liner
  9. Loreal studio effect mascara (the new one with the blue lid!)
  10. Collection concealer
  11. Nars Radiant creamy concealer
  12. Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation
  13. Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade (blonde- which is the perfect colour for people with ginger hair!)
  14. Soap and glory eye brow pencil (blonde again!)
  15. Benefit Hoola Bronzer
  16. Anastasia Beverly Hills cream contour kit (fair)
  17. Charlottle Tilbury Bronze and Glow
  18. Nars Deep throat blusher
  19. Anastasia Beverly Hills highlight palette (That Glow)
  20. Bobbi Brown matte finished lipstick in Hollywood Red (or red carpet... it's got 1 on the bottom of it!)
AND WE ARE READY! MY dress was from ASOS and the shoes and bag were from New Look!
Earrings from Topshop (in the sale at £1.60!)
Full outfit

  Having a Ball

The ball was in Wigan so we got a coach and the had drinks before sitting down to a three course meal. The food was delish although there wasn't enough cream for my chocolate brownie (sad face). After the meal we had a little bit of a dance and then it was the award ceremony where funny awards are given out like "moment of the year" and "heart of gold". There is also a Tutors Choice award where the tutor chooses someone from the year who has worked hard and all that Jazz which me and my wonderful boyfriend Matt won! (I was very happy and text my mom as soon as it happened!) The rest of the evening was spent dancing the night away with other students and tutors plus spending a little bit too much on tequila shots and Jaeger bombs! (My friends are VERY BAD INFLUENCES AND MUST NOT BE TRUSTED WITH ALCOHOL!)

GALS
Make-up buddy- I tag her in everything on Instagram
Big Love

This is Matt and I like him a lot.
This was after the Tequila shot and Jaeger bomb...
Time flies when your having fun and second year of uni was exactly that! It's May already and third year is looming but, there are a load of fun filled things in the summer for me to look forward to! I hope everyone has had a lovely month/ weekend and There will be an April Favourites post very soon!
                                                              WithlovefromAmber
                                                                           X

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© With love from Amber | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig