Wednesday 29 June 2016

Fun, Food and Musicals


I love London. Fact. One day I would love to live there but, for now a weekend away is one of my favourite things to do! This was an extra fabulous trip because it was one of my gals birthdays; so a big and belated Birthday to Katie Sanger! Now, on to what I did, and as you can tell there was a LOT of food, musicals and of course fun!


Friday Evening


So I got the train on Friday evening and met my boyfriend at the station, we went for dinner at a place called 'Salt n Peppers' which was great however, I would have chosen a different mains dish because it kinda tasted like cheese sauce! We then caught he C2C out of London to Upminster and then drove the rest of the way home!

Saturday Afternoon





































Saturday morning/ afternoon was again spent with Matt. We had a chilled morning and then headed back into London to have some lunch and watch Phantom of the Opera which he surprised me too! (Isn't he a sweetheart!) Five guys was our first port of call for lunch which was of course AM-AZING, bacon and cheese hot dog with raspberry sprite is the best! Then we made of way to the theatre to watch Phantom. I have been wanting to watch the show for ages ad it didn't disappoint! The costumes were unbelievable and Ben Forster as the Phantom was just fab!

Saturday Evening



 After Phantom I went and met the girls at Bill's restaurant in Covent Garden which was very,very yummy! I had a chicken burger with sweet potato fries washed down with a prosecco cocktail. (I was feeling a little bit fancy!) After the meal, and birthday cake, we mad our way to the Cambridge Theatre to Matilda which was amazing as always. The children were absolutely sensational and Miss Trunchbull was just hilarious. We all then piled on the tube to head to a Travel Lodge we had booked, we got a little lost but eventually found our way!

Sunday


 So on the last day we went to West End Live which was probably my favourite part of the weekend! (Sorry Matt ;)) We didn't have to queue for as long as I thought we would have to; the concert was in Trafalgar Square and it was a gloriously sunny day! There were LOADS of musicals performing such as the Lion King, Guys and Dolls and STOMP! It was such a lovely day filled with people and musicals I love to pieces! We were all getting rather hungry at around 4'oclock so we headed back into Leicester Square and found a Chiquitos! Heads up about the Chiquitos in Leicester Square; the service is rubbish so if want a restaurant with fast service then I don't recommend it. The food was great though so it kinda made up for the hour and a half wait! Before we all went our separate ways we quickly went to Ben's Cookies in Covent Garden to grab so dessert. You cannot beat Ben's Cookies!

And that was my weekend in London! I hope you all enjoyed he read and pretty picture,s and it gave you a couple of ideas if your heading into London any time soon!
                                                             WithlovefromAmber
                                                                           X


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Amber Kelly | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig